|APIE(D) is a systematic process used by health care providers in recreation therapy settings. The client’s physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual domains are included in this process.|
We use the APIE(D) process with all of our summer campers to help them achieve goals and gain greater independence.
- Assessment: Strengths and needs of individual clients identified through a Bradford Woods assessment
- Plan: Written treatment plan designed to address the assessed individual needs
- Implementation: Use of therapeutic activities to address goals
- Evaluation: Therapeutic activities and individual goals are evaluated to assess each camper’s progress towards those goals
- Documentation: Written documentation is done at the conclusion of each camp session to note individual successes and ways for campers to continue to improve and work on leisure skills throughout the year