CEO Symposium 2018
|The Coalition for Education in the Outdoors Research Symposium is held biennially at Bradford Woods. The next symposium will be held from January 12-14, 2018.|
CEO Symposium 2018 registration is now live! Click here for registration instructions.
About the Symposium
The CEO Research Symposium will take place at Bradford Woods from January 12-14, 2018. For information on abstract submission and research topics, visit the Coalition for Education in the Outdoors website.
If flying, please try to arrive at Indianapolis Airport before 2:00 p.m. Doing so will allow you to make the 2:40 shuttle and arrive in time for the 4:15 p.m. opening session. See ground transportation information below for more information pertinent to travel planning. Some attendees like to arrive the night before, staying at one of the many airport hotels.
Check in will start at 1 pm on Friday, January 12th at the Bradford Woods Manor House (the first large building you come to when entering the property). Other important information includes:
- Check-in: Check-in will be from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 12 at Bradford Manor.
- Meet and Greet: 3:00 – 4:15 p.m. on Friday, January 12, at Carr Center
- Opening Session: Begins at 4:15 p.m. on Friday, January 12, at Carr Center.
- Meals: Meal plan runs from dinner Friday through breakfast Sunday and includes refreshment breaks and socials on Friday and Saturday evenings. A commuter option, without breakfasts, is available.
- Program: The symposium includes over 25 refereed research presentations, roundtable discussions, informal socials, and much time for informal interaction.
- Closing: The structured program will end with a Saturday evening social following an informal roundtable discussion. Sunday breakfast will be the final meal.
Bradford Woods is about 30 minutes south of the Indianapolis airport. There are several ways you can get to the camp:
- Rental: The Indianapolis Airport is well served by many car rental companies. Many attendees find this a convenient and affordable option, especially if sharing the cost. Bradford Woods is less than 20 miles from the airport.
- Taxi/Uber/Lyft: These options are all available at the airport. The typical cost of an Uber ride to Bradford Woods from the airport is around $23.00.
- Shuttle: Go Express Travel operates a shuttle between the Indianapolis Airport and Bloomington, IN. The shuttle leaves the Airport Ground Transportation Center every two hours between 6:40 a.m. and 10:40 p.m. (Best if your flight arrives before 2:00 p.m.) Travel time is about 30 minutes. The Cost is $20, and tickets can be purchased ahead of time on the Go Express Travel website . Bradford Woods is not a standard stop for the shuttle – you’ll need to tell the driver you are going to Bradford Woods. Staff of the Bloomington Shuttle may be reached by calling 800-589-6004. Those taking the shuttle will need to find a ride back to the airport with people who rented cars.
Bradford Woods Refund/Cancellation Policy
Monies will be refunded in full if cancellation is made 30 days or more prior to the event. If cancellation is made 29 days or less prior to event, Bradford Woods is unable to issue refunds.
NOTE: This is a tentative program overview. The final program may differ and will include more details. If you have program or schedule concerns, or if you would be interested in leading a discussion, serving as a presider or time-keeper, or helping out in some other way, please feel free to contact:
Recreation, Parks and Leisure Studies Department
Cortland, NY 13045 Voice: 607/753-4951
For questions about lodging, meals, or registration, contact:
Chad Simmons, Retreats Coordinator
5040 State Road 67 North Martinsville, IN 46151
765-342-2915 Ext. 5202