APIE is a systematic process used by health care providers. Recreation Therapy includes the physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual domains in this process.
- Assessment: Strengths and needs of individual clients identified through a Bradford Woods assessment
- Plan: Written treatment plan designed to address the assessed individual needs
- Implementation: Use of therapeutic activities to address goals
- Evaluation: Written documentation evaluating individual goals at the conclusion of each session and at the end of the overall program
Recreation Therapy Internship Program
The Recreation Therapy department accepts four RT interns each year – two for the Spring-Summer season, and two for the Summer-Fall season to ensure involvement in all of the programs offered by the Recreation Therapy department. NCTRC guidelines are followed to assure successful academic completion as well as to prepare students for the NCTRC exam. Students receive hands-on experience in Adventure Therapy, Therapeutic Camps, Therapeutic Riding, and adapted outdoor programming. For more information, refer to the Internship Packet under our Get Involved section.
Recreation Therapy Documents
Adventure Therapy Documents
- Adventure Therapy Overview
- Adventure Therapy Assessment
- Adventure Therapy Care Plan
- Adventure Therapy Progress Notes